The ideal candidate has at least 4 years of experience working for or with a design-related agency, is passionate about developing clean and well-structured code, is always looking to improve and learn on their own, and plays well with others.
- Thorough understanding of responsive web design, fluid layouts, and positioning
- Thorough understanding of performance, cross-browser / cross-device development, testing, optimization, and front-end performance requirements
- Thorough knowledge of browser behavior and compatibility, cross-browser issues and solutions, and coding for search engine optimization
- Thorough understanding of the WordPress platform and plugin integration and development
- Able to interpret wireframes and translate visual design and user experience flows into sound technical solutions
- Able to identify anti-patterns and provide refactoring recommendations
- Able to build a WordPress theme (classic or block theme) from scratch following the correct WordPress codex and guidelines
- Able to create tools and features that enhance the user’s website experience such as forms, accordions, sliding menus, scrolling images, dialog boxes, etc.
- Check and follow WCAG20 success criteria throughout the development of a website
- Take steps to help ensure the website is GDPR-compliant
- Implement Google Analytics and similar analytics measuring tools to the website
- Fix and maintain client sites and interact with clients on a daily basis
- Able to train clients to use the website post-launch
Nice To Haves:
- Able to enhance a website using transitions and animations
- Experience with ReactJS
- Experience working with WP Rest API to integrate 3rd party applications and feeds like JSON news data etc.
- Experience building out responsive email templates and integrating them into CRMs like MailChimp, ConstantContact, CampaignMonitor
- Experience with source-code management tools (e.g., Git) including setting up environments, managing build process, and version control with team members sharing web projects
- Experience with integrating sites with the client’s existing third-party integrations.
If this sounds like you, please send a cover letter, résumé, and a link to your website to [email protected].